Carnival Maritime GmbH is part of Carnival Corporation and serves the brands of AIDA Cruises and Costa Crociere as their marine service unit. The company bundles marine operation competencies and best practices providing the highest safety, health, environmental and compliance standards for cruising. With the aspiration of achieving net carbon-neutral ship operations by 2050, Carnival Maritime has established a new center of excellence with a specific mandate to support the company by defining and executing the decarbonization strategy and its associated multidimensional technological challenges. With its service and innovation, Carnival Maritime enables the vessels of AIDA Cruises and Costa Crociere to meet the current and future needs of the cruise industry.
If you want to join our company based in Hamburg, and be part of our culture this is your opportunity, we are looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position:
- Responsibility for Hotel F&I and Technical maintenance, budgets & spare parts management
- Reporting daily to the Fleet Team about the status of the vessels under your responsibility
- To ensure correct planning and timely execution of Hotel technical and F&I operations pertaining to the maintenance (planned and unplanned) daily activities, improvements, project, and technical modifications
- Drive safety and environmental protection culture in close cooperation with the vessels and shore responsible departments
- Responsibility for Hotel F&I and Hotel Technical Dry Dock activities including budget forecasting and control
- Efficiently planning and manage project / activities.
- Managing the whole service process, from the technical specification, bids and remarks to completion of the activities including qualitative controls of the service delivered
- Ability to schedule, prioritize, organize your work following the rules and Company’s processes
- Carrying out Hotel technical and F&I inspections of the ships according to Company’s procedure and policy
- Consistently managing follow up to issues reported by the ships and brand’s managers
- Executing projects related to the capex under your area of responsibility (lose furniture, catering and culinary equipment, pool and jacuzzi plant, laundry equipment and hotel area in general)
- Planning, managing and supervise the Travelling Riding Team according to the specific work schedule in replacement of the external contractors
- Degree in Naval Engineering, Naval Architecture, Civil Engineering, or Interior Design
- Professional training in design or technical engineering desirable
- At least 3 years’ experience in Cruise sector or equivalent
- Data Bases and Analysis (office package: Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- AutoCAD (reader is sufficient)
- Technical Drawings reading and understanding
- Good management / leadership skills for projects
- Strong organization, delegation and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to details and structured way of working
- Shore based experience is preferred
- Very good English language skills
- Getting to know AIDA and COSTA vessels by having access to special offers to join a cruise with family or friends.
- 30 days of holidays per year
- Access to Corporate Benefits and Special offers
- The possibility of working from home two days a week
- Flexible working hours
- Participation in the company pension scheme
- ProfiTicket with employers contribution
We offer a challenging opportunity in a multinational work environment with English as our company language. We look forward to receiving your application via our career portal www.carnival-maritime.com.