Carnival Maritime GmbH is part of Carnival Corporation and serves the brands of AIDA Cruises and Costa Crociere as their marine service unit. The company bundles marine operation competencies and best practices providing the highest safety, health, environmental and compliance standards for cruising. With the aspiration of achieving net carbon-neutral ship operations by 2050, Carnival Maritime has established a new center of excellence with a specific mandate to support the company by defining and executing the decarbonization strategy and its associated multidimensional technological challenges. With its service and innovation, Carnival Maritime enables the vessels of AIDA Cruises and Costa Crociere to meet the current and future needs of the cruise industry.
If you want to join our company based in Hamburg, and be part of our culture this is your opportunity, we are looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position:
This function comes with strong and deep responsibilities that go from the month-end and year-end closing to the finance and data analysis until the planning and forecasting activities.
Some of the key responsibilities are:
- Yearly and monthly closing, with a focus on accrual analysis and variance analysis. Reporting to other departments is also needed.
- Key performance indicators development and control
- Annual plan preparation and monthly revisit and update
- Using benchmarking and analytics to support and challenge the business departments, so the company can improve budget management, processes, and systems – ultimately, helping grant full business control.
- Supporting the Head of the department on ad-hoc analysis, projects, reporting and analysis
We are seeking a Cost Controller professional to be part of our Financial Planning & Analysis department and to be responsible for some of the fundamental cost lines within the Group. Join a thrilling industry and be part of a stimulating group of experts.
We are looking for a professional with training in finance, management, accounting, or any other relevant related field and having some controlling experience. Ideally, between 4 to 7 years of working in this area. Knowledge or experience within the maritime industry is a plus, but not mandatory.
You need to be comfortable with MS Office tools (MS Excel is fundamental) but it would be also desirable If you already have knowledge or experience in Oracle/Hyperion and QlikView and/or Power BI. Nevertheless, it’s not mandatory. What is actually required is a strong orientation to detail and a very high level of organizational skills.
Being comfortable with English is essential (English is our working language!), any other additional language is a plus.
Do you feel already connected with this position? Check out the main activities.
- Getting to know AIDA and COSTA vessels by having access to special offers to join a cruise with family or friends.
- 30 days of holidays per year
- Access to Corporate Benefits and Special offers
- The possibility of working from home two days a week
- Flexible working hours
- Participation in the company pension scheme
- ProfiTicket with employers contribution
We offer a challenging opportunity in a multinational work environment with English as our company language. We look forward to receiving your application via our career portal www.carnival-maritime.com.