Carnival Maritime GmbH is part of Carnival Corporation and serves the brands of AIDA Cruises and Costa Crociere as their marine service unit. The company bundles marine operation competencies and best practices providing the highest safety, health, environmental and compliance standards for cruising. With the aspiration of achieving net carbon-neutral ship operations by 2050, Carnival Maritime has established a new center of excellence with a specific mandate to support the company by defining and executing the decarbonization strategy and its associated multidimensional technological challenges. With its service and innovation, Carnival Maritime enables the vessels of AIDA Cruises and Costa Crociere to meet the current and future needs of the cruise industry.
If you want to join our company based in Hamburg, and be part of our culture this is your opportunity, we are looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position:
- Responsible for planning and execution of projects related to HVAC and cooling systems on cruise ships in operation and in dry-docks
- Responsible for management of external suppliers and service contractors being involved in the projects regarding time, budget, quality and results
- Support the fleet management in all questions related to HVAC technology
- Support and provide active contribution to develop HVAC strategy on cruise ships in the Costa Group, also towards and within Carnival Corporation
- Cooperate with the Fleet Management especially but not only during the ship’s dry-dock, to supervise and manage project related works
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, shipbuilding or mechanical engineering with focus on marine industry or cruise industry; master’s degree is desirable
- Degree in HVAC/Facility and process technologies is desirable
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in the area of ship technology or ship management and/or yard business (HVAC systems for cruise/passenger vessels; cooling and refrigeration systems; ship design and/or ship operation)
- Deep knowledge of Office 365 system (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint)
- Structured and organized way of working as well as good time management in a project driven working surrounding with ability to think and plan strategically ahead
- Team worker having a high level of self motivation
- Service oriented with good communication skills
- English language skills (English is our company language.)
- Getting to know AIDA and COSTA vessels by having access to special offers to join a cruise with family or friends.
- 30 days of holidays per year
- Access to Corporate Benefits and Special offers
- The possibility of working from home two days a week
- Flexible working hours
- Participation in the company pension scheme
- ProfiTicket with employers contribution
We offer a challenging opportunity in a multinational work environment with English as our company language. We look forward to receiving your application via our career portal www.carnival-maritime.com.