Carnival Maritime GmbH is part of Carnival Corporation and serves the brands of AIDA Cruises and Costa Crociere as their marine service unit. The company bundles marine operation competencies and best practices providing the highest safety, health, environmental and compliance standards for cruising.
Our focus is on enhancing and facilitating effective communication and efficient processes between ship and shore. With the aspiration of achieving net carbon-neutral ship operations by 2050, Carnival Maritime has established a new center of excellence with a specific mandate to support the company by defining and executing the decarbonization strategy and its associated multidimensional technological challenges. With its service and innovation, Carnival Maritime enables the vessels of AIDA Cruises and Costa Crociere to meet the current and future needs of the cruise industry.
If you want to join our company based in Hamburg, and be part of our culture this is your opportunity, we are looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position:
- Performing daily checks of main switchboards and substations with capacity assessment of their normal operating range and understanding correctly electrical symbol and having a good working knowledge of electrical schemes and drawings.
- Performing the operations of medium/low voltage and all switchboards on board, and in particular the emergency switchboard. Must understand force distribution with full knowledge of the exact locations of substations and major utilities. Must know the correct measures to adopt in the framework actions.
- Performing the management system of interventions in the Guest's area, in particular learning how to process correctly the Work Request (WR) and Work Order (WO) and performing the operation of the existing types of engine on board, the general checks to be made within the various deadline, the checks and maintenance that must be made in particular to the electrical motors, transformers, propulsion and electrical panels.
- Helping the Electrician Officers to perform the operation of the existing types of Safety Equipment (Lifeboat Electrical Winches, Lifeboat Electrical Motors, Emergency Light batteries, etc.).
- Performing the operation of electrical machines and their location in relation to deck machinery to assist in maneuvers (windlass, mooring winches, etc.), Galley equipment (Dishwashers, Ovens, etc.), Laundry machineries (Washing, Mangles, etc.) and Bar machineries.
- BSc in Electronic or Electrical Field and Industrial Automation. Certified Electrician in his/her own country is a plus.
- At least 2 year experience as Electrician on board vessel and 2 years’ experience on shore in industrial plant in maintenance service.
- Holding COP III/7 per STCW is mandatory
- Good English language skills
- Getting to know AIDA and COSTA vessels by having access to special offers to join a cruise with family or friends.
- 30 days of holidays per annum
- Access to Corporate Benefits and Special offers
- The possibility of working from home two days a week
- Flexible working hours
- Participation in the company pension scheme
- Profitcket with employers contribution
We are offering great opportunities to work with international experts in a dynamic and vibrant team and encourage a working environment of Speaking Up, Respecting and Protecting, Improving, Communicating, Listening and Learning and Empowering.