Carnival Maritime GmbH is part of Carnival Corporation and serves the brands of AIDA Cruises and Costa Crociere as their marine service unit. The company bundles marine operation competencies and best practices providing the highest safety, health, environmental and compliance standards for cruising.
Our focus is on enhancing and facilitating effective communication and efficient processes between ship and shore. With the aspiration of achieving net carbon-neutral ship operations by 2050, Carnival Maritime has established a new center of excellence with a specific mandate to support the company by defining and executing the decarbonization strategy and its associated multidimensional technological challenges. With its service and innovation, Carnival Maritime enables the vessels of AIDA Cruises and Costa Crociere to meet the current and future needs of the cruise industry.
If you want to join our company based in Hamburg, and be part of our culture this is your opportunity, we are looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position:
- As the Senior Engineer of the watch, you will take over and carry out the watch according to company and corporate standards, monitoring all machinery and alarms in the ECR room, and reporting directly to the Staff Chief.
- You will take part in regular maintenance of engines and other equipment in the Engine room, including necessary repair and overhauling works, and carry out maintenance and checks according to PMS in cooperation with the Senior Engineer of the watch.
- You will ensure a safe management of an engineering watch implementing the ERM system
- You will oversee all the safety systems on board, including the Hi-Fog System, fire system, sprinkler, emergency bilge, and all other emergency plants. This includes being responsible for emergency manual operations in case of any malfunction in the automatic system.
- Stay updated and familiarize yourself with the latest safety, company, and environmental regulations, and always ensure strict adherence to them.
- Report all relevant changes and information to the SEOOW
- Responsibilities and duties are to be performed but not limited to Annex 1 “Resort Distribution”
- Act according to Chief Engineer’s standing order and instructions given by his deputy.
- Promoting an effective and sustainable health and safety culture on board, strictly adhering to HESS regulations and Health and Safety Protocols to prevent disease spread. Reports any observed violations of health procedures to the Head of Department.
- You are holding a national second engineer certificate of competency (COC III/2 unlimited) per STCW regulations
- You have at least 2 contracts in similar position on board, on Cruise vessels will be plus
- You have proficient English communication skills
- Show motivation and a strong willingness to grow professionally.
- Display a guest and service-oriented mindset, with the ability to lead and motivate teams.
- Getting to know AIDA and COSTA vessels by having access to special offers to join a cruise with family or friends.
- 30 days of holidays per annum
- Access to Corporate Benefits and Special offers
- The possibility of working from home two days a week
- Flexible working hours
- Participation in the company pension scheme
- Profitcket with employers contribution
We are offering great opportunities to work with international experts in a dynamic and vibrant team and encourage a working environment of Speaking Up, Respecting and Protecting, Improving, Communicating, Listening and Learning and Empowering.