Carnival Maritime GmbH is part of Carnival Corporation and serves the brands of AIDA Cruises and Costa Crociere as their marine service unit. The company bundles marine operation competencies and best practices providing the highest safety, health, environmental and compliance standards for cruising.
Our focus is on enhancing and facilitating effective communication and efficient processes between ship and shore. With the aspiration of achieving net carbon-neutral ship operations by 2050, Carnival Maritime has established a new center of excellence with a specific mandate to support the company by defining and executing the decarbonization strategy and its associated multidimensional technological challenges. With its service and innovation, Carnival Maritime enables the vessels of AIDA Cruises and Costa Crociere to meet the current and future needs of the cruise industry.
If you want to join our company based in Hamburg, and be part of our culture this is your opportunity, we are looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position:
As a member of the Technical Riding Team Department, the Electrician is responsible for troubleshooting electrical equipment and installations throughout the accommodation, galley, and laundry areas. Additionally, they perform maintenance on designated electrical and electronic equipment and provide support during urgent emergencies.
- Maintaining all electrical machinery
- Repairing electrical systems and components
- Inspecting all mobile electrical equipment
- Maintaining electrical drive systems and control systems
- Maintaining and repairing hotel, galley & bars, and laundry equipment and systems.
- Ensuring compliance with safety, quality, and environmental regulations and procedures.
- Familiarity and adherence to ISM and other relevant quality systems.
- Participation in training activities within the electro-technical department and shoreside.
- Performing planned maintenance for equipment in the galley, laundry, and bars.
- Supporting the establishment of an effective and sustainable health and safety culture on board, strictly following HESS regulations and health protocols to prevent the spread of diseases.
- Reporting observed violations of the company's health procedures to the Head of Department.
- Compiling spare parts lists for upcoming service maintenance.
- Collaborating with the Lead Engineer to create a final report to be shared with both ship and shoreside.
- Following periodic preventive maintenance in accordance with OEM recommendations.
- Professional electrical qualification.
- IMO / Certification CoC “STCW III/7” (ETR) and possible to obtain Italian Endorsement
- Experience and knowledge in electrical and electronic maintenance and installation.
- Experience in tunnel washer maintenance would be beneficial
- Familiar with ship's common electrical system like switchboards, mother board, software installation, Laundry Machineries (Washer, Dryer, Ironer), Galley machineries (Ovens, Fryers, Dishwashers), coffee machine fridge and ice machines, in any case all technical equipment’s.
- Getting to know AIDA and COSTA vessels by having access to special offers to join a cruise with family or friends.
- 30 days of holidays per annum
- Access to Corporate Benefits and Special offers
- The possibility of working from home two days a week
- Flexible working hours
- Participation in the company pension scheme
- Profitcket with employers contribution
We are offering great opportunities to work with international experts in a dynamic and vibrant team and encourage a working environment of Speaking Up, Respecting and Protecting, Improving, Communicating, Listening and Learning and Empowering.