Carnival Maritime GmbH is part of Carnival Corporation and serves the brands of AIDA Cruises and Costa Crociere as their marine service unit. The company bundles marine operation competencies and best practices providing the highest safety, health, environmental and compliance standards for cruising.
Our focus is on enhancing and facilitating effective communication and efficient processes between ship and shore. With the aspiration of achieving net carbon-neutral ship operations by 2050, Carnival Maritime has established a new center of excellence with a specific mandate to support the company by defining and executing the decarbonization strategy and its associated multidimensional technological challenges. With its service and innovation, Carnival Maritime enables the vessels of AIDA Cruises and Costa Crociere to meet the current and future needs of the cruise industry.
If you want to join our company based in Hamburg, and be part of our culture this is your opportunity, we are looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position:
- Plant Operations: Ensure the safe operation, maintenance, and repair of the facility's refrigeration and ventilation systems, while reporting to the facility manager.
- Temperature Management: Monitor and supervise the storage temperatures of chilled and freezer rooms, as well as refrigerant levels.
- Maintenance Recordkeeping: Maintain records of leakages and corresponding corrective actions, oversee ventilation and ducting maintenance, fire damper inspections, and all related Air Handling Units (AHU) and Fan Coil Units (FCU).
- Team Leadership: Lead and coordinate the HVAC technicians (refrigeration and ventilation) team by assigning job orders and managing spare parts requirements.
- System Integrity: Ensure the entire HVAC system's operation, maintenance, and repair.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or similar with main subjects focusing on Refrigeration/Ventilation Mechanic. Holding CoP III/5 for NON-EU or CoP III/5 or 24 months of navigation for EU
- Experience: you have several years of professional experience with HVAC industrial and central cooling systems, on cruise ships will be a plus
- Skills: you have an excellent understanding of operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting regarding the relevant systems and we require you to be F-Gas certified
- Qualities: Team player, guest-oriented, and motivated to learn new technologies
- Communication: your communication skills, with fluency in English, are essential for effectively interacting with colleagues onboard
- Getting to know AIDA and COSTA vessels by having access to special offers to join a cruise with family or friends.
- 30 days of holidays per annum
- Access to Corporate Benefits and Special offers
- The possibility of working from home two days a week
- Flexible working hours
- Participation in the company pension scheme
- Profitcket with employers contribution
We are offering great opportunities to work with international experts in a dynamic and vibrant team and encourage a working environment of Speaking Up, Respecting and Protecting, Improving, Communicating, Listening and Learning and Empowering.