Carnival Maritime GmbH is part of Carnival Corporation and serves the brands of AIDA Cruises and Costa Crociere as their marine service unit. The company bundles marine operation competencies and best practices providing the highest safety, health, environmental and compliance standards for cruising.
Our focus is on enhancing and facilitating effective communication and efficient processes between ship and shore. With the aspiration of achieving net carbon-neutral ship operations by 2050, Carnival Maritime has established a new center of excellence with a specific mandate to support the company by defining and executing the decarbonization strategy and its associated multidimensional technological challenges. With its service and innovation, Carnival Maritime enables the vessels of AIDA Cruises and Costa Crociere to meet the current and future needs of the cruise industry.
If you want to join our company based in Hamburg, and be part of our culture this is your opportunity, we are looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position:
- Oversee shipboard compliance with public health standards in the areas of Disease Surveillance, Prevention and Control of Infectious illnesses, Food Safety, Potable & Recreational Water Safety, and Integrated Pest Management through support, guidance, audits, trainings, briefings and effective communication.
- Support the Company’s public health representative onboard the vessel in overseeing compliance with the ship’s COVID-19 response plan and reports findings to the Hotel Director onboard and Head of the Public Health Department ashore.
- Additional projects may be assigned by the shoreside Public Health Department.
- Bachelor's degree in public health, environmental health, biological sciences or closely related fields is preferred.
- Two years of shipboard experience or three years of full-time shoreside experience in implementing, overseeing, or auditing public health programs.
- Knowledge of VSP Manual and SHIPSAN Manual
- Ability to deliver effective training.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate to culturally diverse teams.
- Excellent computer software skills required (Word; Excel; Power Point; Outlook, etc.)
- Ability to prioritize, resolve and work alone under pressure.
- Getting to know AIDA and COSTA vessels by having access to special offers to join a cruise with family or friends.
- 30 days of holidays per annum
- Access to Corporate Benefits and Special offers
- The possibility of working from home two days a week
- Flexible working hours
- Participation in the company pension scheme
- Profitcket with employers contribution
We are offering great opportunities to work with international experts in a dynamic and vibrant team and encourage a working environment of Speaking Up, Respecting and Protecting, Improving, Communicating, Listening and Learning and Empowering.